The second annual AnchorOpen Golf Tournament is scheduled for Monday, May 13, 2013 at Doublegate Country Club. Click here for more details. For more information contact Robin at 229-435-5692 or email@example.com
View photos of AnchorOpen 2012
The first annual AnchorOpen Golf Tournament was a huge success! Check out the pictures and watch for information about AnchorOpen 2013 at www.anchoropen.org.
How can I help The Anchorage?
Please click on the "Giving" icon and review the current list of needs. Any help that you can offer in meeting these needs will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!
If you would like to mail a donation, please use our post office address at: The Anchorage, P.O. Box 71774, Albany, GA 31708.
Our programs consist of two separate and distinct phases.
Phase I is designed to focus mainly on the spiritual aspect of addiction and teaches the skills to confront and overcome problems.
Phase II is designed to complement Phase I and teaches the skills for productive living.
The program structure is designed and implemented by the staff, board members, and other professionals in the community. All efforts are made to ensure that the emotional and spiritual needs of our clients are met in a professional manner.
STEPS TO ADMISSION
Potential clients who can meet all the admission requirements listed below should call 229-435-5692 and ask for Admissions. If the potential client is unable to call, either a medical or legal professional representative should call to begin the admission process.
- Review the following requirements to determine potential eligibility.
- Call Admissions for a telephone interview - this official intake phoone interview can only be conducted with the potential client and/or his legal or medical professional representative - not a family member or friend.
- After the phone interview has been conducted have all required paperwork submitted to The Anchorage by mail or by fax.
- No determination of eligibility for admission can be made until all the requirements have been met and the paperwork submitted.
- Only when a preliminary determination of eligibility has been made by Admissions can the potential client be placed on a waiting list consisting of those who are actually waiting for an opening for admission. Prior to that determination the potential client will be on a much longer list of persons expressing interest in admission but awaiting submission of paperwork.
Anchorage Intake Requirements
In order for a new client to qualify for admittance, he must pass all of the intake requirements.
- Must be detoxed with at least 5 days absent of drugs or alcohol.
- Must have a permanent address and a monetary sponsor.
- Must be open to a Christian environment.
- Must provide proof from an accredited medical source that he has been screened and cleared of Tuberculosis, Hepatitis A,B & C, HIV/AIDS, and all STD’s within the last 90 days.
- Must not be mandated or have any legal or medical issues that would cause him to leave the facility during his first 16 weeks of treatment.
- Must be physically able to fully participate in all of the program's activities.
- Each client must have a government issued picture ID before being allowed into the program and maintain possession of that ID during his stay.
- Must resolve all dental, medical, eye and personal care needs/appointments prior to entry in the 16 week program.
- Must not have any co-occurring disorders, nor be on any narcotic or other psychotropic medications. If he is prescribed any prescription meds, the clinical director will review, on a case-by-case basis, before entry into the program is allowed.
- Clients may not have any violent criminal charges including any violent sexual related charges either pending or on his record. A criminal history background report is required and will be obtained by The Anchorage, after written consent is obtained from the client. The processing fee for the report is included in the $40 book, supplies and admission processing fee which must be paid for by the client. The Director will review and approve each record prior to admission/acceptance into the program.
- If a client has participated in 5 or more treatment programs, he will not be eligible for admission into The Anchorage program without special permission granted by both the Executive and Clinical directors.
- Phase I services are provided at no cost to the client. A $40 book, supplies and admission processing fee must be paid on admission. This fee includes the cost of the required background check.
- Clients are required to bring clothing, face & bath towels, washing detergent (liquid ONLY), personal hygiene products, shower shoes, blanket, sheets and a pillow for a twin bed. Please be sure that all products contain no percentage of alcohol, or those items will be confiscated and not returned. Aerosol hairspray and /or liquid shoe polish will not be permitted.
- Clients may bring an alarm clock, but no type of radio or music equipment is allowed.
- Clients are limited to no more than 3 Christian oriented reading books, not including the Bible and the AA book.
- Cell phones are not permitted.